Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Prayer - "The Valley of Vision"

A dear brother in the Lord passed this prayer along to me ... I felt it timely and appropriate to share it with you. It is a Puritan prayer from the book - "The Valley of Vision" - may it encourage you and all of us this Christmas season.
Blessings -
GutCheck Ministries

A Christmas Prayer
O source of all good,
What shall I render to thee for the gift of gifts
thine own dear Son, begotten, not created,
my redeemer, proxy, surety, substitute,
His self-emptying incomprehensible,
His infinity of love beyond the heart's grasp.
Herein is wonder of wonders;
He came below to raise me above,
was born like me that I might become like Him.
Herein is love;
When I cannot rise to Him He draws near on wings of grace,
to raise me to Himself.
Herein is power;
When Deity and humanity were infinitely apart
He united them indissolube unity, the uncreated and the created.
Herein is wisdom;
When I was undone, with no will to return to Him,
and no intellect to devise recovery,
He came, God-incarnate, to save me to the uttermost,
as man to die my death,
to shed satisfying blood on my behalf,
to work out a perfect righteousness for me.
O God, take me in spirit to the watchful shepherds, and enlarge my mind;
let me hear good tidings of great joy,
and hearing, beleive, rejoice, praise, adore,
my conscience bathed in an ocean of repose,
my eyes uplifted to a reconciled Father;
Place me with ox, ass, camel, goat,
to look with them upon my Redeemer's face,
and in Him account myself delivered from sin;
Let me with Simeon clasp the new-born child to my heart,
embrace Him with undying faith,
exulting that He is mine and I am his.
In him thou hast given me so much that heaven can give no more.

No comments: