Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Jesus You Can't Ignore

I, along with 3 other brothers in Christ, are about to begin an exploration within the book "The Jesus You Can't Ignore" - by John MacArthur. A quick glance at the table of contents shows us that this journey will indeed be challenging. The title(s) of the chapters consist of such headings as; "When it's wrong to be nice", "Two Passovers", "A Midnight Interview", " This Man Speaks Blasphemies", " Breaking the Sabbath", "Hard Preaching", "Unpardonable Sin", and "Woe". This journey will be exciting, challenging, and it is my hope that it will aide in my on-going transformation. With that said, I thought it would be a good introductory exercise to explore some of the words from Jesus - the words that we cannot afford to ignore . . . .
  • John 8:31-32: If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
  • John 14:23-24: If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to my Father who sent me.
  • John 8:42-44: If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
  • John 3:14-17: Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Oh wow . . . fasten your seatbelts . . . .what a journey this will be!

- Gutcheck Ministries

No comments: